Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Huntress Speaks Out About Apollo

Everyone thinks of my brother as a god unlike the others--he's into cool stuff like music and the arts and often comes off like he couldn't be bothered by the same drama that embroils the rest of Olympus. He just kicks back with his lyre and sings away the day. Well, I can't hold my tongue any more--Apollo is my brother and he's got a dark side blacker than Hades bottom. I mean, look how he savaged the Achaeans on the Trojan shores, launching silver arrow after silver arrow into their ranks and dropping Greek fighters without discrimination. Why didn't he just vent his spleen at Agamemnon--the jerk who called down his vengeance--and not those innocent warriors, most of whom urged Agamemnon to return Chryseis to her father, the priest Chryses? Also, you might have heard that I killed Orion--my old boyfriend--but it was Apollo's wickedness; he tricked me into accidentally killing him just because he was jealous of all the time Orion and I were spending together. Isn't that messed up? I love my brother--he's family--but I surely don't trust him.
The Huntress

No comments:

Post a Comment